MC: 2D Quest is a 2D game based on Minecraft, it featured a storyline and several changes to Blocks & entities from Minecraft.
In MC 2D Quest is a 2D platformer/adventure game, the player plays as Steve and must go on a quest to slay the Enderdragon and Wither.
The Player uses the Mouse/Right Anolog stick to aim steve's fist/weapons, and the Arrow keys/Lef anolouge keys to make him move right/left and jump. The Player can destroy blocks (Left mouse button on PC/Mac ,A on Wii [and cancelled N64 version] and X on PS3.) and place destroyed blocks. He/she can also open their inventory (I on PC, + on Wii and start on cancelled N64 version and PS3) and craft items w/ the things they've collected.
The game also introduces a new item, the primitive axe, crafted with 4 sticks and used for cutting down trees. The player will take damage if they punch a tree bare-handed. The Player can obtain sticks by destroying leaf blocks, and the new "bush" that is just a leaf block placed on the ground.
- Zombies - Show up at night, no longer burn but become extremley slow in the daylight. Can now break through weak blocks.
- Skeletons - Now stab the player with arrows if meleed, and will ride on spiders if they encounter them.
- Spiders - Now climb up walls as far as neccesary. Will be ridden by skeletons if the two meet.
- Creepers - No longer explode upon meeting the player, instead they bodyslam the player, and explode upon death.
- Slime - Found in caves, leave a slimy trail and now lack eyes. Will absorb the player if they can.
- Cave spider - Found in abandoned Mineshafts, Spawn from spawners that release a spider when killed.
- Pigs, Cows, and Chickens - Now run around rampantly when hit, will injure the player if they run into him.
- Squid - Now look more accurate, they have more conical heads, two longer tentacles and large eyes on the sides of their heads.
- Octopus - Rename of original Squid mob. Now release ink upon being hit and will destroy any gold in the players inventory.
|Fanmade Updates (template)|
| Pre-1.10: | Minecraft 1.8.2
1.10: | 1.10
1.13: | 1.13
2.0+: | 2.0 | Minecraft 2.0 Update (Stevethebarbarian) | Minecraf 2.0-The Everything Update | 2.1 | 2.1.1 | 2.2 | Minecraft 2 | Minecraft 2: Curse of the Void | Minecraft 2: Simplicity is Key | Minecraft: Mob Mashup! | Minecraft: 2D Quest | Minecraft: 3DS Edition (Please note that "sequel games" are to be considered updates)
Snapshots: | 16w24a
Unnumbered/Irregular: | The Intelligent Mobs Update | Decorative Update | Nature Update | "The Earth Update" | New Mobs and Items + Fake Versions | Pixelmon Update 5.0.5 | Minecraft F.1.1 Update: The Structure Update
Minecraft: Ouya Edition: | Minecraft: Ouya Edition 0.1 | Minecraft: Ouya Edition 0.1.6 | Minecraft: Ouya Edition 0.2.2 | Minecraft: Ouya Edition 0.2.6 | Minecraft: Ouya Edition 0.2.7 | Minecraft: Ouya Edition 0.3 | Minecraft: Ouya Edition 0.3.1 | Minecraft: Ouya Edition 0.3.4 | Minecraft: Ouya Edition 1.0.0