1.11, the first release of the Mega Update, is a major update to Minecraft, which was released on May 20, 2017.
This was the longest update besides 1.9 to be released, taking just a mere 11 months after 1.10's release.
The version number of this update is 1.11. It is currently listed on the bug tracker as "Future Version - 1.11+", and this version has been referred to as 1.11 by Minecraft developers Erik Broes (Grum), Nathan Adams (Dinnerbone), Jens Bergensten (Jeb) and Michael Stoyke.
- "Herobrine will HAUNT you!"
- "I dare you to beat the Enderdragon without using diamond tools and diamond armor!"
- "Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the other side!"
- "Yay, kittens for everyone!"
- New achievement The Beginning Of The End?.
*Obtained by finding the Netherdragon. *Requires first obtaining The Beginning.
- New achievement The Beginning Of The End.
*Obtained by defeating the Netherdragon. *Requires first obtaining The Beginning Of The End?.
- New achievement Leader Of The Pack
*Obtained by befriending 5 wolves. *Requires first obtaining Monster Hunter.
Command Block Temples
- Generates rarely on deserts.
New Biome: Ruins
- Has dead trees, abandoned villages, and hostile monsters.
- 10 obsidian pillars with nether crystals are scattered across the Nether because the nether dragon is added.
- Crafted by 8 gunpowder and 1 Super TNT.
- Has an explosion about the size of a village.
- Crafted by 8 gunpowder and 1 regular TNT.
Magma Cube Block
- Crafting recipe: 9 magma creams.
- Can be crafted back to 9 magma creams.
- Players and mobs that land on their top side will bounce, like on a trampoline.
- This negates all fall damage.
- Drops rubies.
- Can be found in caves.
Block of Ruby
- Crafted by putting 9 rubies on a crafting table.
- Generate in nether fortresses.
- Can be crafted with 8 blaze powders and a glowstone block.
- Emit light at a light level of 20 and have a subtle animated texture.
Minecart with Crafting Table
- Can be crafted with a minecart and a crafting table.
Super Crafting Table
- Can be crafted by 4 crafting tables.
- Pressing use on a table placed in the world will open the 9×9 crafting grid which allows you to craft more items than with crafting table.
- Can be found in ruins.
- Unlike dirt and grass blocks, this one doesn't spread grass.
- Drops bronze ingots.
- Can be found in caves.
Block of Bronze
- Can be crafted with 9 bronze ingots.
- Can be found in nether fortresses.
- Crafting recipe: 8 netherrack blocks and a blaze powder.
- Cannot burn in lava.
- Can be crafted by 9 ender pearls.
- Can teleport you to the other teleportation block.
more coming soon!
|Fanmade Updates (template)|
2.0 | Minecraft 2.0 Update (Stevethebarbarian) | Minecraf 2.0-The Everything Update | 2.1 | 2.1.1 | 2.2 (16w24a) | 2.10 fantastical creatures update | Minecraft 2 | Minecraft 2: Curse of the Void | Minecraft 2: Simplicity is Key | Minecraft: Mob Mashup! | Minecraft: 2D Quest | Minecraft: 3DS Edition (Please note that "sequel games" are to be considered updates)
The Intelligent Mobs Update | Decorative Update | Nature Update | "The Earth Update" | The Nether Update | Depthlands Update | Void Update | Asia Update | The World Of Colour Update 2 | April Fools 2018 | New Mobs and Items + Fake Versions | Pixelmon Update 5.0.5 | Minecraft F.1.1 Update: The Structure Update | Minecraft: X02 | Minecraft Withered Update